Senior Residential Care Worker – The RetreatApply now!
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Residential Care Worker to join our home in Mansfield. We are looking for a dedicated and resilient individual, who can make a real difference to the lives of our amazing children and young people.
Shift Pattern: 173 hours per month
Rate of Pay: £9.10 – £10.50 per hour (dependant on experience and qualifications), plus a flat rate of £60 per sleep in
About The Esland Group
With 35+ years of residential childcare experience between the two legacy organisations, Esland has over 20 residential children’s homes and our portfolio is spread across the Midlands, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, Wiltshire, Kent & London regions of England.
At Esland, we have a clear mission of providing high quality residential care, education and other wrap around services which offers a bespoke specialist service to Local Authorities ensuring that they get the best outcomes for their young people.
We are proud of the quality services that we offer both Local Authorities, children and our staff. We are a provider of choice, offering long term placement stability and through our Road to Resilience. We also achieved our Investors In People accreditation in 2016, certifying that we are also now recognised as an Employer of Choice for our staff.
We appreciate each of our team member’s experience and skills. We also know these make you unique and this is what will help shape and enrich the lives of the young people we look after. We also believe it is important that our team members share the same values as the Company. Eslander’s have a shared vision to be emotionally resilient, supportive leaders
- Emotional Resilience: You are able to manage your personal emotions to deal with complex and challenging situations in a safe, objective and solution-focused manner. If something goes wrong, how have you learnt from it? How do you make sure it won’t happen again.
- Support: You will be a naturally supportive person, looking after the young people and the team members you work with. You are a great listener, who understands the importance of supporting others to come to solutions themselves and supporting the independence of the young people.
- Leading: You must ensure that you are a role model to the young people and to the rest of the team. This means you will lead by example at all times, demonstrating the Esland values.
- Accountable: You will take responsibility for your actions. You will be open and honest in all communications. You will be a champion of self reflection in order to continuously grow and develop in your knowledge and practice.
- Nurturing: You will strive to create a warm and encouraging environment for the young people we look after. You believe in lifting others up. You understand that praise is a great way to reinforce positive behaviour.
- Direction: You know the importance of training and will ensure that you attend any training that is booked for you. You are aware of the importance of your role in the team and where the next steps are for your development. You take ownership for your own development and direction.
The purpose of a Senior Residential Care Worker
- To provide a supportive, nurturing delivery of residential childcare in accordance with policies & procedures.
- To lead by example and maintain good professional practices in accordance with the minimum standards for children’s homes.
- To help create a supportive and positive environment for each young person in reference to their safety, health and education.
- To act as a surrogate parent with professional boundaries.
- Due to the nature of this role, you must be 21+ to apply
- A full driving licence
- Willing to undergo an Enhanced DBS Check
- You have experience of residential childcare or a background in youth work
- You have Senior experience gained in a relevant setting
- You have the Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People’s Workforce
For more information, please contact Emily Dunne, Recruitment Manager, on 01773 823989.Apply for this position