Adventure Care Worker – Esland AdventuresApply now!
Esland are now recruiting for Adventure Care Workers to join our home in Lutterworth, Leicestershire. We are looking for talented and dedicated individuals, with bags of personality and the passion to make a real difference to the lives of our fantastic young people!
Adventure Care Worker: 195 hours a month, starting rate of £10.50 per hour plus £60 per sleep in
We are looking for ‘professional parents’ – nurturing and supporting individuals, that can give our children high levels of care and allow them to achieve amazing outcomes. We are passionate about promoting and encouraging independence and life skills for our young people, ensuring that their safety and wellbeing underpins every decision we make.
Purpose of the Post:
- To share your outdoor expertise with a young person, in order to break down barriers and gain trust
- Your role will be crucial to giving a young person a chance at turning their life around
- You will facilitate a completely different learning experience for a young person, where they are taken out of their comfort zone and encouraged to learn new skills
- You will ensure that all activities are risk assessed and in line with health and safety requirements
- Your main focus will be to keep the young person safe at all times, whilst allowing them to experience different activities in different environments
- As well as activities and adventures you will be responsible for caring for the young person in a residential home setting
- You must be 21 or over to apply for this role
- A driving licence is essential as travel will be required
- You will love the outdoors and have at least 1 hobby which gets you out and about!
- A level 3 qualification in childcare/health and social care is required
- You are extremely flexible and adaptable
- You don’t mind any weather conditions
- You are extremely patient and consistent in your approach
- You can remain calm under pressure
- You are an excellent communicator
- You want to make a positive difference in someone’s life