Relief Residential Childcare Practitioner – MappletonApply now!
Esland are now recruiting for Relief Residential Childcare Practitioners to support our homes with cover. Relief roles are ideal for candidates who like the flexibility that a zero hour contract allows.
To apply for a relief position, you should be an enthusiastic and supportive individual, who has the ambition to nurture young people through positive change.
Shift Pattern: Flexible to cover all shifts
Rate of Pay: £8.31 – £9.10 per hour (dependent on experience and qualifications) plus a flat rate of £60 per sleep in
Who are Esland:
At Esland, we have a clear mission of providing high quality residential care, education and other wrap around services which offers a bespoke specialist service to Local Authorities ensuring that they get the best outcomes for their young people. We are proud of the quality services that we offer both Local Authorities, children and our staff. We are a provider of choice, offering long term placement stability and through our Road to Resilience. We also achieved our Investors In People accreditation in 2016, certifying that we are also now recognised as an Employer of Choice for our staff.
Our work has been recognised through our awards for Residential Care Worker of the Year (East Midlands), Care Home of the Year (London and the South East), Registered Manager of the Year (Yorkshire and the North East) and Outstanding Contribution to Social Care (London and the South East). We are proud of our achievements and would love you to be a part of our future success!
We appreciate each of our team member’s experience and skills. We also know these make you unique and this is what will help shape and enrich the lives of the young people we look after. We also believe it is important that our team members share the same values as the Company.
Eslanders have a shared vision to be emotionally resilient, supportive leaders who provide accountable yet nurturing direction to each other and the young people we care for.
Purpose of the Post:
- To cover planned and uplanned absence.
- To provide a supportive and nurturing delivery of residential childcare in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- To lead by example and maintain good professional practices in accordance with the minimum standards for children’s homes.
- To be held accountable for the safety and wellbeing of our young people, whilst on shift with them.
- To help create a supportive and positive environment for each young person with particular reference to his or her safety, health and education.
- To act as a surrogate parent with professional boundaries.
- Minimum of 1 year experience of working in a care capacity
- Due to the nature of this role, you must be 21+ to apply
- You have experience of residential childcare or a background in youth work
- You have the Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People’s Workforce
- A full driving licence is desirable
For more information, please contact Emily Dunne, Recruitment Manager, on 01773 823989.Apply for this position