Senior Adventurer Mentor – Sunnydale FarmApply now!
Do enjoy being outdoors?
Do you thrive in an active environment?
Are you looking for some variance in your current support role?
We are looking for senior support workers to be part of our adventures team. A different approach to care that gives our children a chance to learn and develop through outdoor activities. The role is to promote and encourage independence and life skills for our young people, ensuring that their safety and wellbeing underpins every decision we make.
The Esland Mission:
Esland are driven to changing children’s’ lives for the better by providing best-in-class specialist services.
- Ensure safeguarding of all young people underpins every decision made
- Plan and deliver agreed outdoor learning activities
- Liaise closely with relevant key people regarding the work set for individual young people
- Observe, assess and record young people’s performance during outdoor educational activities.
- Update and maintain relevant records at agreed time intervals
- Ensure the health and safety and welfare of pupils is maintained at all times through continuous risk assessment
- Promote the personal, social, health, citizenship and emotional development of young people alongside the care teams
- Form effective relationships with young people, their families (if appropriate) and external agencies
- Dispense, record and administer medication as required. To maintain and promote residential care work to high levels of professionalism expected by Esland and Ofsted
- Maintain and promote residential care work to high levels of professionalism expected by Esland and Ofsted
- Support the Manager in the preparation, implementation, review and updating of Placement Plans and risk assessments and monitoring progression
- The role will involve shift work and sleep ins, therefore travel and time spent away from home is a requirement.
- Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People (or equivalent)
- You will have experience in a residential childcare setting
- Supervisory experience is desirable
- Full driving Licence
- Over 21
- Great rates of pay plus £60 per sleep in
- Access to our ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Monthly recognition awards
- Fantastic opportunities for career development
- 4% matched contribution pension plan
- Free parking
- Ongoing training and development plans
All applicants will be subject to a full DBS and references check in line with safer recruitment guidelines. Please note you will be subject to the enhancedApply for this position