Residential Support Worker – Wisteria HallApply now!
Do you want to make a difference to young peoples lives?
Do you want to start your career in childcare with a company that will invest in you?
We are looking for residential support workers to join our team in Grantham. ‘Professional parents’ who are nurturing and supportive, that can give our children, high levels of care and allow them to achieve amazing outcomes. The role is to promote and encourage independence and life skills for our young people, ensuring that their safety and wellbeing underpins every decision we make.
The Esland Mission:
Esland are driven to changing children’s’ lives for the better by providing best-in-class specialist services.
Esland are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold standard. We think that our people are the best in the industry – if you want to join us, there has never been a better time. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we would love to hear from you!
- Contribute to the young person’s care plans and risk assessments, their review and implementation.
- Form effective relationships with young people, their families (if appropriate) and external agencies.
- Ensure the home is kept clean and in a tidy condition, adhere to the cleaning rota system, encouraging the young people to participate as appropriate.
- Ensure that good quality records are maintained as required with supervision and advice from shift and Managers.
- Maintain and promote residential care work to high levels of professionalism expected by Esland and Ofsted
- Contribute to the educational and social development of each young person and assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programs.
- Meet the emotional and physical needs of our young people and maximize opportunities for their development.
- Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People or equivalent (desirable)
- Experience in a childcare setting (desirable)
- Passion to help nurture young people
- Be able to work shift patterns including sleep ins
- Full driving licence
- All candidate must be over the age of 21
- Enrolment onto the fully funded Level 3 Children and Young People’s Workforce qualification
- On going training and development plans
- Fantastic opportunities for career development
- Great rates of pay plus £60 per sleep in
- Access to our ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Monthly recognition awards
- 4% matched contribution pension plan
- Free parking
All applicants will be subject to a full DBS and references check in line with safer recruitment guidelines. Please note you will be subject to the enhanced DBS check if successful at interview stage before we can proceed with your application
Apply for this position